[mythtv-users] IR remote "extenders"

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Mon Jan 11 01:36:02 UTC 2010

I have some AV equipment in a closet right behind the TV.  I keep pretty
much everything in the closet that I can; the only things that are
visible are the Wii receiver and a joystick receiver.

I'm wondering if there is a "remote extender" that will receive the IR
signals from any source and pipe them into the closet.  The distance
literally the thickness of the wall.

That would let me put stuff in there without having to get up to control
it, and it wouldn't detract from my otherwise nearly-invisible AV setup.

--

   o__