[mythtv-users] good hardware for transferring videos from vhs and dvd players

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Mon Jan 11 02:23:52 UTC 2010

On 1/10/2010 8:19 PM, David Brodbeck wrote:
> In the case of an MPEG card this can be as simple
> as "cat /dev/video0 >video.mpg".

The creative uses of STDIN/STDOUT never fail to amuse me.

  -Ben

--
Ben Kamen - O.D.T., S.P.
Email: bkamen AT benjammin DOT net              Web: http://www.benjammin.net

Fortune says:
Once, there was NO fun ... This was before MENU planning, FASHION
statements or NAUTILUS equipment ... Then, in 1985 ... FUN was
completely encoded in this tiny MICROCHIP ... It contain 14,768 vaguely
amusing SIT-COM pilots!!  We had to wait FOUR BILLION years but we
finally got JERRY LEWIS, MTV and a large selection of creme-filled
snack cakes!