[mythtv-users] volume changing by itself

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Mon Jan 11 03:40:57 UTC 2010

I've been noticing that sometimes the volume seems to change by
itself. I'll be watching a show and suddenly, without me hitting any
buttons, the volume is significantly louder. I thought maybe it was a
broadcast or recording issue, so I rewound back to the part that was
previously quieter and it was now louder. Any idea what is doing this?
I recall a while back there was talk of adding audio normalization
into myth. That could explain things, however I don't see any option
for it in the settings anywhere. Is it a hidden setting? Any other
ideas what could be causing this?

--
Ron
Ronald Frazier Photography - http://www.ronfphoto.com/