[mythtv-users] Guide settings gone in 0.22?

Thomas Pontoppidan Spam1 at pontoppidan.name
Mon Jan 11 10:21:10 UTC 2010

I can't be the judge of whether moving control to the theme is good or bad,
- and as a user I shouldn't really care either:-) What I miss is (easier)
user control, e.g. control by settings/variables in the GUI. I also noticed
that other GUI settings - like font sizes - don't work, and I assume they
don't work because the size has been "hard coded" in the theme (I know it's
not actual code, but it is out of reach for the casual user). In my opinion
these settings are a matter of personal preference and therefore should be
easily accesible.

A long time ago I used Meedio as my media center software. Besides having
a partly grapical theme editor that allowed the not-so-technical user to
create their own themes it had the great advantage of theme variables
(defined by the designer). That way the theme designer could keep control of
the vital parts and choose which settings should be available through the
frontend/setup GUI. I think a similar approach (especially if more control
is moved to the theme) would be a great improvement to MythTV.

Best regards
Thomas