[mythtv-users] Dancing on ice results show / recording rule

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 11:36:31 UTC 2010

2010/1/11 Paul Clark <paul at aghast.co.uk>:
> Let me first start by saying this is not for me it's for the wife -
> honestly.
> There's 2 dancing on ice shows on a Sunday one early, one later.  I can't
> work out how to create a rule to get both to record.  Once it's recorded the
> earlier show it says the later one is a dupe and doesn't record it.  I've
> fiddled with the different dupe detection method in the record rule
> (description, subtitle, none) but that seems to make no difference.  The
> later show has a different subtitle so it should distinguished by that and
> be recorded.

A channel rule for ITV1 with no duplicate detection should _always_
record the 2 showings. Using "subtitle and description" dupe detection
should also work as long as the description is always different.

One problem with the EIT data for this programme is using the subtitle
to hold "The Skate-Off" for the second programme, which is going to be
the same every week and will interfere with any dupe detection method
that either solely uses the subtitle, or uses it first if present.

Nick

--
Nick Morrott