[mythtv-users] Time to record past end of show setting doesn't work

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jan 11 16:58:43 UTC 2010

On 01/11/2010 11:32 AM, Jonatan wrote:
> Steve Johnson wrote:
>> I've had a problem for a long time now and I'm really in need of some
>> advice
>> on where to look next on fixing it. The setting for adjusting the
>> seconds to
>> record past the end of a show doesn't work for my recordings. I can
>> adjust
>> it in TV Settings/General settings section and I've verified that the
>> changes are made in the db settings table, but recordings still
>> always end 3
>> or 4 seconds early no matter what I change the setting to. And these are
>> recordings with nothing following them, so it's not ending in order
>> to start
>> another recording.
>>
> Is it DefaultEndOffset that you are changing?  If so take a look at
> this commit:
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/23110

He should be using the start early/end late minutes on the recording
rule and not the "extra time to start up file systems/capture cards/set
up STB's on first capture" global setting (which is specified in
seconds).  The global value doesn't work the way most people assume it
works.

The DefaultEndOffset just pre-fills the end late minutes on new
recording rules you create--but it's still worth upgrading to r23110
(especially since end late is the right way to get a recording to end late).

Mike