[mythtv-users] OT: 3D TV

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 17:25:24 UTC 2010

> Incorrect, the lcd one decrease the brightness as well as it black out on
> eye when the other one remain clear.
> And they are most likely more tiring as well. I use to have some of them,
> the synchronization was done using a
> IR transmitter which command the glasses the eyes to black out.

The reduction of light isn't from only using one eye at a time.
Polarization reduces the light. Only the light that matches
polarization of the lens gets through. So you are filtering out light
that doesn't match the polarization and this reduces the brightness.
Where as the LCD glasses allow all of the light in when open for that
eye.