[mythtv-users] Video offset vertically after upgrading 0.21 -> 0.22

dave cunningham news004 at upsilon.org.uk
Mon Jan 11 19:14:45 UTC 2010

In message <NZ0BpZCvBeSLFwHS at echelon.upsilon.org.uk>, dave cunningham
wrote

>I'm running a Debian backend server + single frontend client, getting
>mythtv from the debian multimedia repo.
>
>I've just upgraded both backend and frontend from 0.21 to 0.22 (+
>fixes).
>
>The upgrade appears to have applied with no problems (i.e. I can see
>all my videos + rules from 0.21 in 0.22 etc.).
>
>The GUI on the frontend is still OK.
>
>BUT...
>
>Video playback is now vertically offset (by about 30% with the top 30%
>being a black bar, and the bottom 30% of the image being missing)!
>
>Video is being output on a VGA -> Scart cable, in interlaced mode. I'm
>using xv-blit with no deinterlacer. The Xserver is running at 1440x576i.
>
>Any ideas (obvious one to me at the moment being to downgrade back to
>0.21!)?

More info, when I select "Appearance -> Use GUI size for TV playback" I
get a full screen picture though this is letterboxed rather than 16:9 as
it should be.

Anyone? Or even any ideas whereabouts in the source I should start
poking?
--
Dave Cunningham                                  dave at upsilon org uk
                                                  PGP KEY ID: 0xA78636DC