[mythtv-users] OT: 3D TV

Justin Johnson justin.johnson3 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 20:14:28 UTC 2010

>  this means shutter glasses can be implemented at

practically no additional cost while "doing it right" brings
> the cost of the display into the $10k range.

This is exactly why I think that the polarized technique will not really
catch on; the average consumer isn't willing to spend more than maybe $2k
for a really nice display, and if there's another display that is capable of
providing pretty much the same experience for less than half the price,
they're not going to care if it's not "the right way".

But, I can't imagine walking into someones TV room with 5 or 6 people
> sitting around wearing 3d glasses, without bursting into laughter! :-D

I just had a thought about sports bars, if all the games are in 3D, then
everyone will need to be wearing glasses, that would just be really funny
looking.
--Justin Johnson