[mythtv-users] Need some help transcoding for N900

Peter Watkins peterw at tux.org
Mon Jan 11 23:24:45 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 06:21:42AM -0800, Tim Ashman wrote:
> On Monday 11 January 2010 12:59:00 am ikke wrote:
> > I have the following setup for N800

> > UserJob1: /home/ikke/bin/pdatranscode.pl --file %FILE% --title "%TITLE%"
> > --subtitle "%SUBTITLE%" --description "%DESCRIPTION%"

> > Get pdatranscode script from here (pointed from mythtv wiki):
> > http://www.tux.org/~peterw/linux/pdatranscode.pl.txt

> > 'lame' => 'mencoder -oac mp3lame -lameopts abr:br=64 -af volnorm -ovc lavc
> > -lavcopts
> > vcodec=mpeg4:dark_mask=0.15:autoaspect:vbitrate=512:trell=yes:v4mv=yes:vpas
> >s=1 -vf crop={crop},scale={scale} -idx -ffourcc DIVX  -ofps 29.97 -o
> > {outfile} {infile} -quiet',
> > );
>
> Thank you.  I'll give this a try

Please let me know how it works out. I recently upgraded my BE+FE system
and now need to edit that script to support multiple storage directories,
so this would be a good time to add a Nokia/Maemo transcoder config. If
you have multiple directories, try adding
        --dir "%DIR%"
to your --install-job-number invocation so your backend should pass the
correct storage directory for each recording.

Ideally I'd add an "N800" transcoder config and you could set up pdatranscode
with just
   /usr/local/bin/pdatranscode.pl --transcoder N800 --install-job-number 1 \
	--pda-dir /path/to/some/directory
That is, ideally you shouldn't have to specify (or modify) much of anything
other than which transcoding profile and where to write the files. The script
should also look in the usual places for the mysql config text file, so that
you shouldn't need to specify any mysql info, not even the password.

-Peter