[mythtv-users] Poor Signal Crashes Frontend

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Mon Jan 11 23:46:11 UTC 2010

> Before the 'crash', the programme was breaking up pretty badly and the sound
> was very crackly.  Then, the image/sound froze.  Unfortunately, this managed
> to take down the whole machine - it became completely unresponsive - I moved
> the mouse and 5 seconds later the cursor jumped to the new position.

Not that it helps, but I had something similar back in myth 0.18.
There was a period of about a month, where every week there would be a
damaged section in South Park (from cable tv). What was really strange
was that one week, I had it record both the initial broadcast and the
rerun, and if I remember correctly they both locked up in around the
same place. I never had the problem in any other show, on that or any
other channel. After a while the problem just went away.

So, that doesn't really help you (since it was such a vastly different
version, and I never really "solved" it), but it might be interesting
to know. :-)

--
Ron