[mythtv-users] frontend hardware - any reason not to use ion?

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Tue Jan 12 02:00:54 UTC 2010

Fred Squires wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 4:21 PM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:
>>
>> Fred Squires wrote:
>>> You can set it in your xorg.conf file by adding the following lines:
>>>
>>> Section "Extensions"
>>>      Option "Composite" "Disabled"
>>> EndSection
>> I did see that elsewhere and added it in remotely. But it's hard to check
>> video quality remotely. ;)

Played some HD content 720 and 1080, recorded from cable. Looked good to
me. I didn't see the horizontal tearing I remembered. So perhaps this
helped.

Unfortunately, I still have the audio sync issues. And another issue I
forgot about. When I first switch over to the HDMI input the Myth box is
attached to, I get no sound. I have to change the volume on the *TV* in
order to get sound. That's another reason I think there was some
shortcut taken by the TV manufacturers.