[mythtv-users] OT: 3D TV

Kingsley Turner krt at krt.com.au
Tue Jan 12 02:47:41 UTC 2010

Johnny wrote:
>> "Almost every big movie is coming out in 3D now" ... LOL! just like in the
>> early 80's ... unfortunately I can still remember "JAWS 3D" too  :D
>>

> Fair, but it isn't just like in the 80's. The trend or the technology.
> Have you seen a new RealD movie? It is much more natural as opposed to
> the parlor tricks they made of 3D in the past. The technology is
> easier on the eyes and looks far superior. As this thread points out
> it will be available in home as well. Also it isn't just a few movies.
> There are many movies in 3D and the pace is quickening. You may not
> care, but 3D isn't going away this time.

Hmmm, I had to lookup "RealD" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RealD_Cinema
(and:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_RealD_films )

So what should I be out watching ?  Avatar?

I don't really goto the cinema much anymore, since they became such a
bunch of great puddings at my local cinema-wtf-aplex.   Maybe I'll drag
my sorry arse out for some nightlife.

I must admit, the polarising tech does sound better than Red Vs Blue.

My daughter had some Barbie DVD that came with a bunch of cardboard
glasses ... not much spare change from the 80's there.

I wonder if you could home-brew your own polarised 3d HT with 2x video
projectors ;)

cheers,
-kt