[mythtv-users] nvida driver crushed blacks (Limited RGB signal) (16-235) is there a patch for mythtv or nvidia?

Kevin Johnson dabears_rule at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 12 09:58:00 UTC 2010

I just got a new tv, a panasonic tc-p54s1.  Problem is, the picture is dark and the blacks are crushed.
After some digging around I found out that the tv is expecting a limited rgb signal 16-235.
But the nvidia driver outputs a full rgb signal.
I think there is a patch or something for mythtv to fix this, but I cant find it and don't know where to look.
Can anyone give me some advise on how to correct this?
Not sure how else to explain this.  Please ask if you need more info as I just spent a lot of money on this tv and want to be able to use mythtv correctly with it.
Mythbuntu .22-fixes