[mythtv-users] mythexport error

Patrick Marconi patrick.marconi at live.com
Tue Jan 12 12:27:56 UTC 2010

>>> ________________________________
>>> Apache/2.2.12 (Ubuntu) Server at 192.168.2.3 Port 80
>>>
>>> The error log shows the following which appears on system startup, but
>>> doesn't seem to show anything related (by looking at the time of the event)
>>> to the above error.
>>>
>>> December 31 11:40:25 media-server /usr/bin/mythexport-daemon[2144]: Can't
>>> connect to MythTV: Couldn't commu
>>> nicate with 192.168.2.3 on port 6543:  IO::Socket::INET::MythTV: connect:
>>> Connection refused
>>>   at line 86 in /usr/bin/mythexport-daemon
>>> December 31 12:38:23 media-server /usr/bin/mythexport-daemon[2144]: Caught
>>> SIGTERM:  exiting gracefully
>>> December 31 12:38:23 media-server /usr/bin/mythexport-daemon[2144]:
>>> Stopping Processing:  1262281103
>>> December 31 12:38:26 media-server /usr/bin/mythexport-daemon[3399]:
>>> Starting Processing:  1262281106
>>>

> Are you still having these issues?  There was a packaging issue with
> the perl bindings which may have been causing this.
>
> As far as how to kick it off from the frontend, you need to use the
> web interface (or do it yourself) to create a user job, and then you
> execute that from the frontend.
>
>>> Any ideas anyone ?
>>>
>>> Patrick.

>> --
>> Andy Cheesman
>> Skype: vancheese
>> Webstuff: www.csizma.org
>> Cool weblinks : http://tinyurl.com/c3y5gk
>>                              http://tinyurl.com/ylcrslq

OK I have mythexport working but not really fixed. To get it working I
had to put a copy of ./mythtv/config.xml in a totally different
directory that for my get_iplayer web page, that is
/var/www/get_iplayer/.mythtv/config.xml

I don't remember exactly how I found this out, just by looking at the
logs I think. It's weird but I was happy to get mythexport working,
However, since then I have created another problem for myself with perl,
I used cpan to download some extra libraries (to try video2ipod.pl) and
then decided to remove them (and all cpan stuff) in order to stay with a
"clean" mythbuntu installation. However now I can't get mythrename.pl to
run since it doesn't find the DBI.pm module. The module is there in ...

/usr/lib/perl5/DBI.pm
/usr/lib/perl5/Bundle/DBI.pm
/usr/share/perl5/Apache/AuthDBI.pm
/usr/share/perl5/Apache/DBI.pm

but mythrename no longer seem to find the path, mythexport is still
working. I don't know where I need to look to fix this up, I have tried
reinstalling perl from the repositories to see if it would "magically"
restore the correct environment but it didn't work.