[mythtv-users] frontend hardware - any reason not to use ion?

Fred Squires fsquires at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 14:28:46 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 9:00 PM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:

> Fred Squires wrote:

>>> I did see that elsewhere and added it in remotely. But it's hard to check
>>> video quality remotely. ;)
>
> Played some HD content 720 and 1080, recorded from cable. Looked good to me.
> I didn't see the horizontal tearing I remembered. So perhaps this helped.
>
> Unfortunately, I still have the audio sync issues. And another issue I
> forgot about. When I first switch over to the HDMI input the Myth box is
> attached to, I get no sound. I have to change the volume on the *TV* in
> order to get sound. That's another reason I think there was some shortcut
> taken by the TV manufacturers.

Try enabling/disabling opengl vsync.
On the CW 54 in Baltimore the audio gets very out of sync without
opengl vsync enabled, but it causes other problems on other channels.
I guess it has something to do with how they're encoding their video.
Other stations in other areas could be doing similar things that could
be causing your problem.