[mythtv-users] frontend hardware - any reason not to use ion?

Kevin Bailey ke-myth at retriever.dyndns.org
Tue Jan 12 15:49:31 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 03:04:48PM -0500, matt lutz wrote:

> This would seem like the ideal frontend assuming the ion is a good choice:
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856173001&cm_re=zotac_ion-_-56-173-001-_-Product
>
> Appreciate any insight.

I have the single core Ion with 1GB memory, running off a USB
stick of all things. Totally silent. I use a MS MCE (?) USB IR
receiver for the remote. Connected to a 42" LCD. I think it
works great. I have it connected via VGA. I will experiment with
HDMI in the hopes of allowing it to use the TV's deinterlacer.