[mythtv-users] VDPAU on GT210/GT220

Derek & Cindi Cass cass at casscoenterprises.com
Tue Jan 12 16:55:01 UTC 2010

Discussions lately  around these 2 GPUs and deinterlacing have lead me to
believe that the GT220 is superior to the GT210 in that it will support the
Advanced 2x deinterlacer.  However, all of NVidia's documentation seems to
indicate that these 2 chipsets support the same VDPAU feature set, namely
feature set "C" (see links below).  Wikipedia says the same thing regarding
VDPAU and Pure Video HD, and if it's on Wikipedia it must be true, right?
;-)

If these GPUs both support the same feature set, shouldn't they both support
Advanced 2x deinterlacing?  Am I missing something here?

Thanks,

Derek

ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/190.53/README/appendix-h.html#vd
pau-implementation-limits-decoder

ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/190.53/README/appendix-a.html