[mythtv-users] frontend hardware - any reason not to use ion?

Fred Squires fsquires at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 17:07:37 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 9:57 AM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:

> Fred Squires wrote:
>>
>> Try enabling/disabling opengl vsync.
>> On the CW 54 in Baltimore the audio gets very out of sync without
>> opengl vsync enabled, but it causes other problems on other channels.
>> I guess it has something to do with how they're encoding their video.
>> Other stations in other areas could be doing similar things that could
>> be causing your problem.
>
> Even on a VDPAU host?

Yep, with VDPAU, CW 54 is out of sync if I don't use opengl vsync.
Opengl vsync causes stuttering, though.
This happens on my other frontends, too. A macbook pro running on OS
X, and on my backend using XvMC.
There could be another way to fix the issue, but since I don't watch
the CW very often it hasn't been a priority for me.

Fred