[mythtv-users] HD/SD indication in mythvideo

Drew Streib drew.streib at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 17:09:26 UTC 2010

I, like probably many others, have an increasingly eclectic video collection under mythvideo, and am looking for a way to determine when browsing movies whether or not my copy is SD/720/1080/etc. This is for external videos being browsed under mythvideo, and not recorded shows for which I have more control over the resolution (although with multiple record sources this also might be useful).

This info is easily obtainable from mplayer or any number of other tools, but I don't see it stored anywhere in the db schema for any given video.

In an ideal world, when I'm browsing video I'd like to see some sort of small icon indicating the resolution of the video, or at least which bucket (480/720/1080) it falls into. While we're at it, there's no reason not to go ahead and display aspect ratio as well if the collection might contain different anamorphic/4:3/etc DVD rips.

I've searched and can't seem to find anything in the current mythtv that does this, although I think I could hack something on easily enough (just a couple of extra stored columns, a batch job to populate them, and a tweak to a theme).

Am I missing something that currently exists somewhere, or has someone else done something similar?

-drew

--
M. Drew Streib
drew.streib at gmail.com