[mythtv-users] Text Mode mythtv-setup?

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Tue Jan 12 18:26:59 UTC 2010

Eric Sharkey wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 1:12 PM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:
>> In all my years of using Myth, I've always assumed mythtv-setup needed to be
>> run graphically. A bit inconvenient when running a headless server but that's
>> what I use VNC for.
>
> ssh -X also works quite well for this.  Add in -C if not on a lan.

Thanks Robert for the confirmation. The docs page was a bit ambiguous.

Unfortunately, Eric, I almost always ssh from a Windows box. Over the years
I've looked at some Windows X servers but they always seem to be a hassle to
install. Running vncserver on the server and vncviewer on the Windows box is
just easier and more consistent.