[mythtv-users] HD/SD indication

Drew Streib drew.streib at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 19:01:06 UTC 2010

> I will be implementing something more or less like this for MythVideo
> once we finish the work to move MythVideo and Recordings into a shared
> set of DB tables, hopefully around the .24 release.  The proposed
> table structure we have spoken about accommodates resolution, codec,
> and aspect information, and since we'd likely be hooking the
> preview/screenshot generator in to MythVideo at that point, using the
> preview generation to fill this information would probably be
> relatively trivial too.

Yep, I'd think so, and it makes sense to roll it into these post-change mythvideo schemas.

> If you hack anything together, it would be my preference that it not
> be shared as it is very likely/possible to break the complicated DB
> transition that will be necessary to accomplish the above.  Obviously
> I can't stop you, but you'd be trading long-term stability for
> short-term gain, especially with use aiming for mid-summer for .24.

If the goal is to work on it in this timeframe, I'll probably not even work on a short term hack on this, especially if it involved schema changes that will be irrelevant soon anyway.

Thanks for the update.

-drew

--
M. Drew Streib