[mythtv-users] Edit XMLTV ID in Channel Editor (backend) but frontend Program Guide not populated

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jan 12 19:05:23 UTC 2010

On 01/12/2010 11:24 AM, George Rom wrote:
> Seems to be working now. Somehow editing the XMLTV ids in either the
> frontend (in watch tv using edit functionality) or mythtv-setup
> (channel editor) must have locked something up. After a few days of
> playing with it, I finally gave up and rebooted, and within a few
> hours, the program guide was correct. Good because I was about to
> start manually setting up a channels file.

Any time you change any capture card, video source, input connection, or
channel data, you need to restart the backend.  This is exactly why
mythtv-setup says:

WARNING
MythTV has detected that the backend is running.
Changing existing card inputs, deleting anything,
or scanning for channels may not work.

Unfortunately, the frontend and MythWeb both need a running master
backend, and there's just no prompt letting you know to restart the
backend after you use the frontend or MythWeb channel editor.

Mike