[mythtv-users] Stuttering after frontend has been running a while

Manuel McLure manuel at mclure.org
Tue Jan 12 20:03:37 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 11:45 AM, Kevin Kuphal <kkuphal at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 1:43 PM, Manuel McLure <manuel at mclure.org> wrote:
>>
>> Any ideas? It seems like there's something that gets triggered after
>> mythfrontend has run for a while.
>
> What's your memory usage and swap look like when it's studdering?  (via top)
>
> Kevin

About 100MB of swap is in use, but over 750MB of memory is available
(per the "+/- buffers/cache" line in the output of "free".)
mythfrontend is definitely the biggest process, using close to 700MB
resident. This is from memory - when I see the problem again I'll
capture the data more precisely. The system has a total of 2G of RAM
and the video card has its own memory so it doesn't eat up any of the
system RAM.

You may definitely have something there, since when mythfrontend is
just started it only uses about 240MB resident. Maybe it's the theme?
I'm using the Mythbuntu theme that includes cover art/fan art.
--
Manuel A. McLure WW1FA <manuel at mclure.org> <http://www.mclure.org>
...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,