[mythtv-users] UPDATED: Bash/MySQL script for copying and/or deleting mythfrontend profiles

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 21:59:09 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 1:34 PM, Mike Perkins
<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
> I still have great difficulty understanding why anyone should be *cloning*
> the front-end settings at all, unless your new front-end is *identical*
> hardware-wise to the old one, and only differs by the name.

Are you serious?  Here's a partial list of things I can think of that
I always change that don't depend on hardware:
Always display closed captions, don't prefer EIA-708 captions,
behavior on exit, how bookmarks are set, how bookmarks are cleared,
theme, don't include Watch List group, OSD theme, black background for
captions.  These are spread over a number of menus, and I'm sure I've
missed some.

Jim