[mythtv-users] Disk not accepted as part of storage group

William william_munson at comcast.net
Tue Jan 12 22:27:32 UTC 2010

Jacob Lauritzen wrote:
> I have set up a new MythTV backend on MythBuntu. The system disk is on
> a 2.5" 250GB disk. This disk is also used for storing recordings.
> The system also contains a second disk. This is a 1TB disk. This disk
> is mounted on /media/1TB/.
> My "default" storage group setup contains two directories:
> /var/lib/mythtv/recordings/ <-- on the 250GB
> /media/1TB/recordings/ <-- on the 1TB
>
> But when the backend starts, I see this in the log file:
> SG(Default) Warning: Group 'Default' references directory
> '/media/1TB/recordings/' but this directory does not exist.  This
> directory will not be used on this server.

I am not certain but it appears that the directory does not exist at the
time the backend is booting. I had a similar problem in that on boot my
raid array would not always be mountable when the backend started and it
would cause this same error message. Of course by the time I could look
at the system everything had finished mounting so it was hard to
troubleshoot. Does the backend start correctly on a restart? I ended up
moving the backend startup script to /etc/rc.local to delay it until
after the rest of the system had started up. Hope this helps.

W.