[mythtv-users] Jamu mini-disaster

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Wed Jan 13 01:04:46 UTC 2010

This is not a full-scale disaster, just a major (most likely
self-caused) PITA.

I set up a new array, data21.  I wanted to move all of my movies from
/data20/mythtv/movies to /data21/mythtv/movies.

I ran jamu:

/usr/local/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/jamu.py -l en -C
"/etc/jamu.conf" -M /data20/mythtv/movies to /data21/mythtv/movies

It crashed, wanting directories for fanart and such.  I created those
and reran the command.

Everything looked good, all movies moved happily to their new home.

So I ran my frontend, changed the paths from /data20/mythtv/movies to
/data21/mythtv/movies and brought up my movies.  Everything appeared to
be there, fanart and all.  I tried to play a movie and got a file not
found, so I rescanned the collection.

All of my fanart and other info disappeared, but the movies play.

OK, so I lost my database info, no big deal, rerun jamu to load up the
database.

/usr/local/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/jamu.py -l en -C
"/etc/jamu.conf" -MV

Returns immediately with:

! Warning: Skipping "budeme si hrat 2" as there is no IMDB number for
this movie.
Use interactive option (-i) or (-I) to select the IMDB number.

If I use the interactive option, it will find the info and from then on
it will take the time to check the updates - for that movie.  But mass
update for all others fail immediately.

Any way to really, really force jamu to load up the movies?

(And since I've been using jamu without a hitch I didn't keep a database
backup....   Grrrr.)

--Yan

--

   o__