[mythtv-users] Are these SQL errors something to worry about?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jan 13 02:26:23 UTC 2010

On 01/12/2010 08:48 PM, Jeffrey J. Kosowsky wrote:
> Well I bit the bullet and did the following:
> 1. Created a virgin mythtv 0.21 mythconver database by importing mc.sql
>    and starting mythtv-setup ver 0.21
> 2. Dumped the still 0.21 format program-related profiles from my
>    current mixed 0.21-0.22 mythconverg database.
>    All remained in 0.21 format (I verified that by comparing with old
>    database) and all contain hard-to-replace info
> 3. Imported those tables into my new virgin pure 0.21 mythconverg
>    database
> 4. Ran mythtv-setup ver 0.22 to update this properly to ver 0.22.
> 5. Manually (PITA) went through all the mythtv-setup and mythfrontend
>    settings to restore all my settings
>
> I assume this is similar to what you were suggesting.
> Seems to work so far...

What I'm saying is that all bets are off on whether the "mixed 0.21-0.22
mythconverg database" data actually did "remain in 0.21 format".

You verified the /schema/ you did /not/ verify the data.

Going back to the pre-upgrade database backup (the not-mixed, pure, 0.21
mythconverg database) is the only way to ensure all the data was right.

Importing a 0.21-fixes backup into a 0.22 database schema will break the
data.

Mike