[mythtv-users] "Generational" TV, was: OT: 3D TV

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 03:01:09 UTC 2010

> I don't buy it.  True 3D displays requiring no head mounted hardware,
> that works for multiple viewers from multiple viewpoints (and is
> economically viable) is a very long way out.  I fully expect to be
> dead by then.

A company at CES demoed a no glasses required 3D display that works
for 9 people. The quality wasn't great and you had to stand in the
right place, but it certainly seems like it isn't a 50+ years out
technology to get it right. But we are getting off topic in this
branch of the other off topic thread.