[mythtv-users] Audio Issues

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 13:42:36 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 7:35 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/1/14 Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com>:
>> I am having a problem with myth playing a video I have at half speed.
>> It played fine originally a week ago, but an ubuntu update (which I am
>> unsure of the packages updated) broke it.
>>
>> I re-installed yesterday and did not upgrade libasound2 and libc, but
>> then I enable Avenard's repo to try it out, and that broke it..
>>

> If you are using my repo, the audio code has changed and is the same
> as the one running in trunk.
>
> You'll have to edit the audio settings ; if you are using a surround
> sound setup, set it to 5.1 , not stereo

Just stereo through hdmi..  I did follow the instructions to add this:

 ctl.!default {
     type hw
     card 1 (0 in my case)
  }

But that resulted in no audio (but the video played at full speed) -
which is why I think it is audio related..

This video is encoded with 5.1, but everything I play needs to go out
stereo.  Alsa seems to be doing it properly system wide since every
other app I play the video with is fine - Just not the one I need :)

Thanks