[mythtv-users] Stuttering in mythmusic

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Wed Jan 13 14:06:54 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 1:54 AM, Roald <roalda at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 1:17 AM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 5:00 PM, Roald <roalda at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Video plays  nicely, mythmusic stutters.
>>
>> What visualizer are you running and at what resolution?  I don't think
>> an Asrock 330 could do Goom at 1080p, for example.
>
> No visualizers. Even tried turning them on, but not really any difference.
>
> All files (recordings, videos, music) NFS-mounted.
>
> Screen runs at 1920x1080, haven't tried another resolution. Could be
> something to try I guess.

I don't have a good answer for you.  The fact that the CPU utilization
is pegged at 100% is a serious red flag.  It shouldn't be that high
with just playing mp3s with visualization disabled.

If it were me, my next step would be to try running Oprofile to see
what it's doing to help narrow down the problem.

Eric