[mythtv-users] Some programs are not correctly recorded

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Wed Jan 13 16:33:59 UTC 2010

Eric Sharkey wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 2:01 AM, Michael T. Dean
> <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>> The complete lack of error messages in the log output, coupled with MythTV's
>> thinking that it actually /did/ record the show, suggests that the problem
>> is "underneath" MythTV--in the capture card/card drivers/firmware...
>>
>> Basically, MythTV recorded all the data that the capture card
>> provided--which was absolutely nothing.  Therefore, it never wrote anything
>> to disk.
>
> I get this all the time with my firewire recordings and very
> occasionally with my HDHR as well.  Any time the tuner fails to get
> the recording, mythTV just blindly marks the recording as successful,
> even though there isn't anything on disk.  It's #1 on my personal list
> of annoying mythTV bugs.

Actually, the biggest problem is not necessarily that you didn't get the
recording, but it's in trying to convince mythtv that you want to record it
*again*. This takes some effort unless you tinker around with your recording
rule and change the duplicate checking. Even clicking "Delete and Re-record" in
myhtweb doesn't do the trick.

How does one tell mythtv that "actually, no, it *didn't* record that program,
after the event?

--

Mike Perkins