[mythtv-users] Any chance of getting MythTV onto a Tegra 2 system?

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 18:13:15 UTC 2010

I'm wondering this as well. Some googling showed me that some
enterprising individuals have gotten Myth running on ARM but my guess
is it was abandoned due to a lack of horsepower. With Tegra 2
providing the GPU acceleration, perhaps this idea could be revisited.

I'd love to get a Boxee box, especially for the wild full QWERTY RF
remote, but if there's no chance it will run a full Myth frontend I
may look elsewhere. I've opened a ticket due to Boxee Beta's lack of
support for the mythtv:// native connections and am waiting to hear
back; if that works then at least we could theoretically still watch
recordings & live TV with this machine.

With the introduction of the $22 Broadcom CrystalHD mini PCIe support
in XBMC, support for this box and ARM in general may be nonexistant.
When Myth supports the Crystal HD,one could run full 1080p on one of
these boxes pretty easily http://www.polywell.com/us/oem/ITX-10A.asp