[mythtv-users] Severe audio stuttering and video slowdown with XVMC when OSD on

Jeffrey J. Kosowsky mythtv at kosowsky.org
Wed Jan 13 18:40:49 UTC 2010

I finally was able to get OTA HD Live TV video working acceptably
(with only rare pauses) by using XVMC on my underpowered P4 system
with an nVideo 6200 AGP graphics card.

However, whenever OSD is active (and often for a second or 2 after it
fades), I get the following:
- Severe audio stuttering
- Video slowdown
- On/off flickering of a rectangular black box in the upper right area
  of the screen

This occurs when starting LiveTV, changing channels, or pressing
most other keyboard buttons.

Interestingly, I occasionally get this behavior (including the
flickering black box) in the middle of a LiveTV stream when I havent
been pressing buttons -- it's almost like an (invisible) OSD is being
triggered...

Any idea why this is happening?
If indeed it is OSD related, is there anything I can do to prevent or
ameliorate it?

My playback profile settings for XVMC are:
			Match Criteria: > W: 0 H: 0
			Match Criteria: <blank> W: 0 H: 0
			Decoder: Standard XvMC
			Max CPUs: 1