[mythtv-users] Support for WMM extensions/ QoS

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Jan 13 18:45:09 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 13 January 2010 11:39:35 am Donald J. Organ IV wrote:
> > ________________________________
> >
> > |  |   /* empty space /*   |  |
> > |  |
> > |  |-----------------------|  |
> > |  |
> > |    |------------------|     |
> > |    |
> > |    |     /* TV */     |     |
> > |    |
> > |    |
> > |    |------------------|     |
> >
> > Is the TV set actually mounted *in* the wall, or *on* it? If it's in it
> > you might want to remove it to provide better access to the wall
> > interior.
>
> The TV is mounted on the wall, and the "empty" space it just that its an
>  opening a the top of the wall, that goes into the kitchen... I guess
>  people would normally put plants or something up there.
>
> I guess I could run a wire down the left or right side, its just then the
>  plate would be all the way to the left or right of everything, i really
>  dont want it visible.  I have a unit for the cable box and video game
>  consoles underneath the tv.

Is the area to the right and left of the "empty space" open, or just framing
lumber? If it's open, you could go down through it then over to a plate behind
the TV.

Wires can be hidden behind a molding of some sort, if you have a router (the
power tool, not an ethernet device) you can make a channel for the wire in the
molding.