[mythtv-users] OT: 3D TV

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 20:15:49 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 7:56 AM, Colin McGregor <colin.mc151 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/13/10, David Brodbeck <gull at gull.us> wrote:
>> Another Sillyname wrote:
>>> Bring back Mr Ed
>>>
>>> Because how can a show about a talking horse be a stupid idea?
>>>
>> And "My Mother The Car"? ;)
>
> I know we are drifting away from 3D TV. But to note, I had trouble
> explaining to an Australian born associate that I grew up watching a
> comedy show about a group of Allied prisoners of war in a World War II
> German POW camp ("Hogan's Heroes"). Yes, as a young kid, I did find it
> all quite funny... stupid Germans being outsmarted at every turn by
> their prisoners...

That showed in New Zealand, I'd be surprised if it didn't show in Australia!

It showed when I was a kid, young enough to laugh at it for the
humour, and at least once again when I was a university student, when
I laughed at it for the absurdity. (It used to show on Saturday
mornings, after Get Smart and before Star Trek TOS. Guess how much
study our house got done on Saturdays!)