[mythtv-users] Some programs are not correctly recorded

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Wed Jan 13 22:14:23 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 2:14 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>> Then again, since most of the time this happens, it's a program for
>> someone else in my household, I'm not sure I'd notice if e.g. that
>> particular episode of Dora the Explorer ever gets re-recorded.
>>
>> The thing about this is that it's really tedious.  This past weekend I
>> must have cleared out about 600 recordings that weren't really there.
>
> Wow.  Sounds like someone needs to do some antenna work (assuming OTA) or
> drop his cable service (assuming cable).

As far as I can tell, in nearly all of these cases the root cause was
in mythTV and/or Linux firewire drivers, not my cable service.

I'm hopeful that the patch posted on ticket #5278 will clear up a lot
of these problems, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Eric