[mythtv-users] video stutter with VDPAU and 1080i DVB

T D topper.doggle at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 13 22:58:10 UTC 2010

I'm going to jump into this thread a bit late - I see it too with
0.22-fixes, nvidia 190.42-3.  My log is at
http://mythtv.pastebin.ca/1750161.  It appears to be worse on ITV HD
than BBC HD, although take that with a pinch of salt.  On this
occasion, all was fine then suddenly it ground pretty much to a halt
as per the log.  Interestingly, the prebuffering pause and WriteAudio
buffer underrun only occur later in the log, they don't /appear/ to be
the start of the problem.  On this occasion, I tried going to a
different live TV channel, the hard disk ground away for what seemed
like five minutes, then I was dumped back at the main menu with Video
frame buffering failed.  Then when I went back in, it crashed.  Sadly
my core dumps weren't enabled, they are now.

Would appreciate anybody's input from the above description - it's not
exactly hard to reproduce.  I don't see anything relevant in
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Troubleshooting:Prebuffering_pause, yes
there are audio buffer underruns, but they are not happening at the
/start/ of the failure.

--
TD