[mythtv-users] go7007 based devices

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Jan 13 23:19:31 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 13 January 2010 03:14:15 pm TJ wrote:
> I am curious how many people are successfully using go7007 based capture
>  devices with mythtv. I've done some patch work on go7007 driver to make it
>  v4l2 compliant and was thinking of updating mythtv to stop using
>  proprietary go7007 ioctls, but wanted to feel the ground first.
> -TJ

I used to use a Plextor PX-TV402U with Myth version 0.20, though I don't use
it right now. At that time only the MPEG4 mode was supported, but it worked
well.

I was thinking of using one or two of them again though (I have 2), as I'm
thinking of running a backend in a VirtualBox VM, which can't do PCI pass-
through, but can do USB. I would replace my PVR-150s with the Plextor units.

This is only at the thinking about it stage, and may never happen, but it
would be nice to have it as a possibility.

I certainly wouldn't discourage you from doing what you suggest, but I'm not
in a position to help much except with testing.