[mythtv-users] Old Cameras, was: "Generational" TV, was: OT: 3D TV

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Jan 14 00:03:53 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 13 January 2010 04:53:38 pm David Brodbeck wrote:

> Googled it and, yup, that sure looks familiar.  That bright orange case is
> pretty memorable.

I'd forgotten about the orange case. We had a couple that we sprayed gray, and
referred to as the "Gray-Y 2000s".

> All of our equipment was well-used.  The franchise agreement with the city
> said the cable company had to fund a public access station; it didn't say
> they had to fund it *well*. ;)  I heard a couple years ago that they had
> finally forced the public access coordinator (the only full-time paid
> position) into retirement and consolidated the whole thing with a station
> in another town 15 miles away, to save money.

Lots of cable companies promised the moon to municipalities in order to get
franchises, most spent the next few years trying to get out of such promises,
and most cities gave up a lot of the promised facilities in exchange for
higher franchise fees.