[mythtv-users] myth on separate subnet

Mark fairlane at springcom.com
Thu Jan 14 02:04:14 UTC 2010

Question for the more advanced gurus out there:

I am putting finishing touches on a new high performance myth backend
only server.
It's a supermicro board with two gigabit nics.  I have been thinking of
putting the second nic
on a separate subnet to isolate the myth traffic and keep the rest of
the network unclogged.
I have a cisco managed switch, so subnets are not a problem.  My dhcp
resolution is through
an ipcop box.  Is there anyone out there with thoughts on if this is a
good idea or not?  I'm not
that familiar with best practices on network topologies.
the server needs to be visible to both subnets because I still have to
serve other services to the
non-myth clients.

thanks
Mark