[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun(s)

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Jan 14 02:55:31 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 13 January 2010 07:46:05 pm Greg Oliver wrote:
> I read a lot of HDHomeRun reviews before I bought one of the
> dual-tuner models.  Using the same coax from my attic mounted antenna:
>
> 1.  Connected to my tv I can tune all channels
> 2.  connected to the HDHomeRun, and a myth scan - it only tunes 4 channels
>
> (I tried both inputs or the HDHR)
>
> Am I missing something?

How many channels is "all"? Are they all UHF? Some locations have some
channels on VHF still.

Are you using the broadcast channel frequencies, and not cable TV freqs.? Are
you in the USA, or using a DVB unit?

Are the 4 channels you get on the proper channel numbers? Do they look OK?

I've only used my HDHR on a cable system, never an antenna (we have only 1 off-
air channel, and I can get it by cable or satellite), but it works well for
what I use it for, most folks here seem to like the things.

Specifics on your location and the stations involved might allow someone near
you to help.