[mythtv-users] Fanless Media Players

Tapani Tarvainen mythtv at tapanitarvainen.fi
Thu Jan 14 06:45:28 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 04:24:50PM -0800, Kevin Ross (kevin at familyross.net) wrote:

> [...]

Heatpipe cooling is definitely the way to go if you want
a fanless solution, but cost tends to go up, even if you
build it yourself, and ready-made solutions cost even more.
US$150 for a case with all necessary heatpipes isn't much.

For reference, my mythtv box is like this (except earlier model with DVD):

http://www.tranquilpc-shop.co.uk/acatalog/T2e_330atom_nocd.html

Works like charm, only HDD seek can be heard at quiet moments.

For people who like building their own or just want more powerful or
otherwise custom designs, I've good experience with these:

http://www.mcubed-store.com
http://www.atechfabrication.com

Cheap they aren't, however.

--