[mythtv-users] Way! OT Epson wless printer as NAS

bhaskins at chartermi.net bhaskins at chartermi.net
Thu Jan 14 14:00:23 UTC 2010

I recently bought a Epson NX515 wireless printer for my wife and found that it has a very nice side feature.
A inserted memory card is available to the net, allowing the card to be used as a small NAS unit.
The printer consumes six watts ( or less ) in standby.
There are no security concerns at all in my application of interest.
This would be just fantastic for me if I could just get it ( the NAS part ) working in Linux.
I can get the banner page under Linux and print to it using the driver from another Epson Linux driver
but this is the only Linux support that I can find so far.
Yep, so far I can only make the NAS work under XP and I only use the BSOS for games and such.
Can anyone hit/stomp/kick me in a direction to find some ideas to help make this work?
Thanks

FWIW This unit is on sale for about half of it "normal" price for three more days