[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun(s)

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 15:14:49 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 10:36 PM, John Finlay <finlay at moeraki.com> wrote:
> Ross Campbell wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 7:25 PM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Try scanning with the SiliconDust GUI application.  There are known
>>> issues where the GUI scanner will pick up more channels than the command
>>> line scanner (and Myth's copy of the HDHR libraries).
>>>

>> Seconded. I'm one of those people willing to walk the extra mile to
>> avoid having to boot Windows, but I would have saved myself a lot of
>> time finding channels and verifying the HDHR ability to tune them if I
>> would have started out with the Windows apps from silicondust first.
>>

> The Silicondust GUI is also available on Linux but has to be compiled from
> source.

OK, I bit the bullet and backed up my partitions, loaded back vista
ultimate that my laptop came with, only to get the same results...  So
I went into the attic...  It seems the professionally installed
antenna (or rather tech) used a directv splitter that was already up
there.  I replaced it with a 5-2300 splitter, and it all works now.

I am just wondering how the same cable connected to a TV produced
different results when connected to the hdhomerun..  I can only assume
the TV has pretty good gain or something???

-Greg