[mythtv-users] Can't log in!

Jonno jonnojohnson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 15:18:14 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 3:26 AM, Jan Johansson <j2 at mupp.net> wrote:
> apt-get clean [deletes cached installation packages, may reclaim some space]
>
> dpkg -l | grep linux-image
>
> will show you the installed kernels
>
> apt-get remove linux-image-2.6.22-3-amd64  [replace name as needed]
>
> will remove said kernel.

Ok I got into the terminal and there were lots of kernels listed under
dpkg -l | managed to delete one of them and then db -Th showed my
space as 81% used. I think I must have cleaned something else up along
the way though because / is 12GB and I don't think removing one kernel
should free up 2.4GB. I then managed to log in to a GUI session. I
looked in Synaptic for linux-image and there was only one kernel
installed. I have since upgraded to a new kernel so there are now 2
kernels installed, however I'm at 84% usage.

I'll post my full db -Th output tonight to see if anyone has any
recommendations how to keep things in check a little better.