[mythtv-users] Way! OT Epson wless printer as NAS

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Jan 14 16:29:21 UTC 2010

On Thursday 14 January 2010 09:20:49 am Greg Oliver wrote:

> I just got a 1TB USB drive to rip it open and replant it in a E-SATA
> case only to find out the fols at WD put the USB interface right on
> the circuit board, and left off the sata connections completely..
> what a waste..  It is only a 5400 rpm drive, but I would have liked
> the extra 100mbps or so anyhow....

Thanks, that's good to know. I have seen great prices on external USB drives
in the past and bought them to take out the drive and use it directly, now I
will be more careful about doing that.

It used to be I was taking a chance on the drive being PATA or SATA, now
there's another possibility :-(

You had a typo, I'm not sure if "fols at WD" was "folks" or "fools", both
would probably be appropriate.

I guess you can't blame them for doing whatever they can to reduce costs, too
bad the savings don't usually get passed on to the customer.