[mythtv-users] myth on separate subnet

Mark fairlane at springcom.com
Thu Jan 14 17:18:52 UTC 2010

>> Andre Newman wrote:
> A gbit module for any cisco switch would cost much more than a whole new
> gigabit switch, do you really need any of the cisco features for a home
> network? Apologies if you have a 40 room mansion with Internet, voip and
> MythTV in every room and three generations of a very large family living
> there ;-)

It's not quite that extreme.  :)
the WS-G6483 module I need for the switch is $25.  The switch cost me $60.
I'm not hurting too bad... :)

I went with the used Cisco because I dislike downtime.  And long distance
troubleshooting.   A LOT.  Every other switch i've owned needed rebooting
occasionally.  This cisco doesn't.

Virtually everything in the house is running an IP.  I don't like
slowdowns.  So I'm planning ahead...

Thanks
Mark