[mythtv-users] go7007 based devices

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Thu Jan 14 19:53:56 UTC 2010

David Snider wrote:

> On Jan 13, 2010, at 4:19 PM, Brian Wood wrote:
>
>>> I am curious how many people are successfully using go7007 based
>>> capture
>>> devices with mythtv. I've done some patch work on go7007 driver to
>>> make it
>>> v4l2 compliant and was thinking of updating mythtv to stop using
>>> proprietary go7007 ioctls, but wanted to feel the ground first.
>>> -TJ

I have a plextor convertx that is also the go7007 but it just won't work
with mythbuntu. I tried everything i could find. Maybe my linux skills
are not great enough to get it working. So now it's just sitting in a
box. So if you do make a driver that works in ubuntu/mythbuntu. I would
be really grateful.
-Steve