[mythtv-users] Please help me with internal player and subtitles

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Thu Jan 14 23:29:53 UTC 2010

> 1) Can the internal player display mkv embedded subs under any circumstances?  (i know there are some threads which say no, but things change and I'm looking for an up-to-date answer)

 No, at this time it cannot.

> 2) If not, can the internal player play embedded subs using any container?

 VBI/embedded CC it can, other than that I do not think so.

> 3) If not, how can I get the player to play a separate srt file or idx/sub files?

 SRT files can be played. And must be identically named, in the same folder with just the different file extension. They worked last time I tried but I currently have no files with any SRT's to test on current trunk.